To enhance sustainable transport services
The European Commission has approved a loan of EUR 293 million from the Cohesion Fund to improve sustainable transport services in Poland.
The loan will be used to finance five major projects in Warsaw, Łódź, Szczecin and Poznań.
- EUR 91.7 million for Purchase of low-floor trams for the public transport in Warsaw
- EUR 41 million for Purchase of 20 new double-deck intermediate coaches, 2 new control coaches and 2 new locomotives for the push-pull rolling stock
- EUR 85.8 million for Multimodal Hub at Łódź Fabryczna Railway Station
- EUR 41.7 million for Construction and reconstruction of tram infrastructure in Szczecin
- EUR 33.2 million for Renewal of the public transport infrastructure in Poznań – Phase I and Phase II
The projects are financed under the Polish operational programme Infrastructure and Environment under the same priority Environment-friendly transport and are expected to be finalised by the end of 2015.
The European Commission
Tags are like keywords and makes it easy to find similar content. Click and you will see.